Friday, January 16, 2009

When Blogs Collide....or Slide...

I am a lucky duck. Want to know why?

Tonight the girls and I had a play date with the Famous Sprite and her Keeper! We met them at one of the local outlet malls, got a bite to eat and hit the playground. Yes, the same infamous playground where Elizabeth had her Halloween "Incident". It appears to have recovered since then. Considering that this bench that the Milk and Cookie Club is sitting on:

...is the one said events took place in front of. Yes, I do realize that the above pictures do not represent the fact that my girls thought Sprite was wonderful and had a blast pretty much every second of the whole evening, but my camera was even more horrible then usual and every other picture I took turned out a bit blurry. What can I say? Stupid camera, that's what. I'm crossing my fingers that Jen decides to blog about this because from what I could see she seemed to be taking perfectly beautiful pictures.

Stupid camera.

My hands might have also been shaking a little due to the fact that, for Florida, it's COLD tonight! We're talking low 40s, high 50s here, people! Brrrrrrrrr. It didn't stop the girls from running around like crazy children though. Lilli went on her biggest slide yet, a frighteningly tall (to her mother at least) spiral, and went down it twice, even though the first time she managed to get turned around inside it and came out head first. No, I don't have a picture of it. *sigh*

Seriously though, we had a great time and we loved Sprite. Elizabeth actually requested a kiss from her when we were saying goodbye which is the mark of her highest favor. If she WANTS to kiss you? Well, you are in a very elite club. So we are all hoping for some sort of repeat.

Hint, hint....

6 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, yay! Yes, we want a repeat! Sprite was talking about Elizabeth all morning! I took a look at the pictures last night and am definitely doing a send up on it. We had such a good time with you. John told me if he hadn't seen the pictures, he would have thought I was stretching the truth!

Rachel said...

Woohooo! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww, your girls are just adorable... so glad that Sprite's Keeper brought this up so I could find you!

Casey said...

I'm jealous. Can you guys all come to Tampa next time? It's not that far....

Wicked Step Mom said...

I am glad your play date went so well! I think it is so cool that you guys got to meet in person!

Rachel said...

Casey- Play date at the Tampa Aquarium? So there!