Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spin Cycle: These are the Songs of Our Lives

I kind of have a head start on this week's Spin. Not too long ago I did a post about the songs that remind me of guys I used to date. You can find it here and can consider it the majority of this spin. I did make an iPod playlist based on that post, by the way, and naturally I think it's awesome. But then I would. Many things amuse and delight me after all. Heck, a pile of paper clips can amuse and delight me. So take that into consideration.

Anyway, there are a few other songs that haunt my days.

Best Song for Getting Your Mind Back on Track After it Has Been Wandering While You're Supposed to be Working: Pump It by the Black Eyed Peas.

Best Song for Belting Out in the Shower, But Usually Whispering Because Your Husband is Sleeping, Even Though it's Not Fair and You Should Probably Wake Him Up Out of Spite: Somebody to Love by either Queen or Anne Hathaway as seen in Ella Enchanted.

Best Song for Halloween or Any Time the Creepy Guy at the Office Gets Too Close to You in the Elevator: Chick Habit by April March.

Best Song of The Entire High School Musical Franchise Which, Even Though You Tried to Avoid It, Sucked You In a Little Bit: What I've Been Looking For, the Sharpay and Ryan version, natch.

Best Song for Zumba or Any Occasion That Calls for Some Rump Shaking: La Vaca by Mala Fe

Best Song for Cool Toddlers Who Want to Pretend That Their Mom Also Doesn't Force Them to Listen to the Best of Shirley Temple: 7 8 9 by the Barenaked Ladies.

Best Song for Singing to Elizabeth at Bed Time: Daddy's Little Girl by various artists.

Best Song for Singing to Lilli at Bed Time: True Love from the De-lovely soundtrack

Best Song for Representing the Book "New Moon" From the Twilight Series, If You're Into That Like I Am: Near to You by A Fine Frenzy

Best Song for Reminding You That Britney Spears Really Doesn't Have it Made in the Shade Despite Her Recent Nervous Breakdown, Therefore You Have No Reason to Be Unreasonably Jealous: Lucky by...Britney Spears.

Best Song for Contemplating How Cool it Would Be to Be From Louisiana: Femme L'a Dit by Fuefollet

Best Song for Fond Thoughts of Viking Kittens: Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.

Ahhhhhh. That was lovely. Now the big decision. Go listen to these or go to bed? Hmmmm. Which one do you think I'm going to pick?

3 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Considering it was close to 10, I think you listened...
I love belting out Somebody to Love! Love it! I'll do some parts over and over just because I love the key change! Rock on!
You're linked!

Rachel said...

ooooh. I see a duet in my future....

MB said...

YAY! Did you see my posting like this one? All the songs are click-able so you can listen along. It's so funny seeing these lists. I love it.