Saturday, January 3, 2009

Farewell to Kidz Zone. *sniff*

Due to the boiling heat that is here in South Florida you would think that there would be an indoor children's playground on every corner. Not so, my friends, not so. And we have just lost another. I can't remember when Kidz Zone opened, but since it did we have gone fairly regularly on Saturday. Ok, by regularly I mean once a month or so, but still! Elizabeth actually got to go quite a bit while I was on maternity leave.

See? Here she is in August of 2007. She was nearing two and was getting to be quite the big girl on the slides.


Here she is in the "rubber box" as she calls it. It was a sandbox filled with shredded rubber instead of sand. Not as messy, but let me tell you that rubber stuff sticks to every surface. Especially the required socks or perhaps an exposed diaper.




Here's Lilli getting in on the action on one of her first trips. I was on maternity leave still so she has to be less than 6 weeks old in the picture and I apparently brought my father along with us.


Skipping ahead a few months, here's Elizabeth enjoying one of her friend's birthday parties. *sigh* It was a great place for parties. Nice, cool, non-outdoors parties.

Now, for some reason I did not take any pictures of Kidz Zone trips for 6 months. But guess where we brought new-walker Lilli to celebrate her birthday in July of last year?
If you look close enough you'll see shredded rubber clinging to her behind. See? Sticks to everything.

I think this was a proud face, although I'm not 100% on that. She'd climbed to the top of the jungle gym for the first time.

We also celebrated Elizabeth's birthday there in September. Why I took no pictures of her, I have no idea.


And we had our final trips last month. *sniff*


Remember that other "rubber box" picture? Boy, she's grown up a lot.


Another child who has massively grown up while I wasn't paying attention:

Oddly, we have that exact dress in our dress-up box at home. It must not be nearly as good without the fire hat.

So, Kidz Zone, even though I can never remember whether you are, in fact spelled as "Kidz" Zone or "Kids" Zone, we loved you a lot and we have some great memories.
We'll miss you!











1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I was meaning to ask you if you had heard about it. We went once a couple of months ago, meant to go back, I told some friends of mine who brought their daughter there and even bought a gift card to expense some visits, and then told me it was closing at the end of December. I wanted to bring Sprite back, but never got to. You're right. It's a great place and it will be missed.