Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Around the World in 11 Countries: Morocco and France

On days when I am not hungering for clean lines and open designs, I want to live in Morocco. At least the Epcot version. I love the detailing and the grill work on windows and the mosaics and gold shiny stuff. And all the bold colors.

I was kind of anxious to get here, because this was where we had planned to eat dinner and it had been a very long day. I had a fantastic vegetarian platter at the Tangierine Cafe, which is a little counter service restaurant and it was a nice break. We even had a little dinner music courtesy of the band Mo-Rockin' who was playing outside.

Did I mention I like the mosaics? Some people have this thing called "patience" that I am not super familiar with. If this fountain was my responsibility, an area about a foot square would be perfect, and the rest not so much. That's ok, I have other talents.
What you can't see in the picture is that the reason David is squatting down by Elizabeth is because he initially attempted to pose while sitting on the edge of the fountain and got a wet backside for his trouble. I appreciated the sacrifice.

France! France was fun. We saw what I'll call French Countryside Belle. Which is my way of saying that we saw Belle from Beauty and the Beast in her regular clothes and not as one of the versions of Princess Belle. I thought that was very cool, but then I would. Somehow she didn't have a line and I was heading her way when I almost got run over by a very large family stampeding toward her. We moved on.

This window was probably why I liked France so much. As you might have figured out, Belle is my favorite Princess. And this stained glass window in one of the shots is right out of the movie. It pleased me.

So, the lady on the left in the below picture is French. She had a very lovely, very French sounding name and of course I can't remember it. We spent quite a bit of time with her, so I probably should have taken a picture of her name tag. She took a shine to Elizabeth, so we all hung out in the "Souvenirs de France" shop which is where the Kidcot shop and the pressed penny machine were.
She is actually from Paris, and before she worked at Epcot, she worked at Disneyland Paris, and before that she was some sort of dancer. As you can see:

There was a lot of dancing and jumping and stuff, and Elizabeth had a good time.


So, no matter what anybody says about the French, I'm a fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the Moroccan area from when they shot Tarzan in the nineties, you know, one of those WB shows that lasted 8 episodes? I was an intern on the set for a few episodes right before they got canceled. There was a fun day..