Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's worth it.

You know what I'm doing right now?

The thing I only do twice a year. I'm baking pies. The pumpkin is cooling, the cherry-berry is baking and the mincemeat I make for my dad is queued up to go in the oven in another 20 minutes.

At the crack of dawn tomorrow I'm going to prep my 16 pound turkey and get it roasting, set the table all Thanksgivingy, find my electric carving knife (it's probably in the abyss that is the cabinets above the refrigerator), set out my serving ware, peel potatoes and prepare the relish tray. I'll have a few hours to relax and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and then its on to the last minute whirlwinds of stuffing prep and potato mashing, turkey carving and green bean cooking, roll baking and adding cinnamon to the applesauce. It's going to be a lot of work.

And I'm going to love every second of it.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the entire clan!