Tuesday, May 26, 2009

RTT: The Tuesday that Feels Like a Monday

Because today was the start of my week and really felt like a Monday (despite the joys of esfiha for lunch and a conversation with a much missed friend), I've only got a few sad little bits of randomness for you today.

--------

One of Elizabeth's favorite games at the moment is to play "Oh No! A Monkey Has Escaped From the Zoo!". This involves her, Lilli and David taking turns being the monkey and escaping from it's cage (the girls' play tent), while the other two chase the monkey and try to catch it and lead it back to its cage to lock it up. The girls like Daddy to be the monkey the best, and it both amazes me and frightens me how good he is at being a monkey. He moves like one, suddenly his arms and legs become twice as long, and the most ungodly sounds come out of his mouth. I asked him how he got so skilled at sounding like a monkey. Apparently practice makes perfect. When he and his co-workers are out in the wild doing whatever they do, they keep track of each other by yelling. Normally they make a specific noise at each other, but sometimes one of them will start a monkey call, and then you have a bunch of full-grown ecologists all out in some swamp sounding like a pack of primates. For some reason that mental image cracks me up. Or maybe it's my image of the very confused native Floridian peering out his backdoor while clutching a shotgun that does me in.

--------

The thing that irks me the most out of the whole John and Kate debacle, and I don't even WATCH the show, is the pinata they had at their sextuplet's 5th birthday TV party. They might have had more than one, but I said, I don't watch, so I only know about the one. I just can't avoid it. I have seen multiple pictures of that pinata and it distresses me. It's of Uniqua from the Backyardigans and is very similar to this one, but it is most definitely not the pull string variety, as various members of the family have been pictured holding a decorated pinata stick. I wouldn't mind it at all if it was the pull string variety, since what's not to like about candy? I just think its very wrong to teach children to bash a small, but almost toddler sized, pink bug person over and over until candy comes out. In later pictures Kate was shown holding a headless Uniqua and scooping out and handing around her innards. It was disturbing I tell you. To heck with the rest of their family drama, I only care that no innocent cartoon characters be hurt. Well, it would be nice to spare their children too, but you can't have everything, right?

---------------

Well, if you want to have everything, or at least a whole lot of randomness, head over to Keely's site at The UnMom and check out the links.

3 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I never knew you were so passionate about pinatas! I wonder how you feel about Pin the Tail on the Donkey..

tiarastantrums said...

no pinata in my house either

Keely said...

There are definitely less unfortunate choices for pinata shapes...