Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good news!

My mom's surgery today went very well. The lumpectomy was preformed without a hitch and the follow up biopsy was negative, so that should mean they got it all. And thanks to some Percoset, she's really quite comfortable. Now all that's left is for her to heal up and start radiation and she should be out of the woods. I'm very impressed how fast this all happened, from the suspicious mammogram to surgery. Only about three weeks I think. So yay! We can still use your prayers and your good vibes, but we're feeling really good about things.

By the way, I apologize for not e-mailing anyone personally about this or even popping up a Facebook status, but I've been hit hard by a stupid (cold, I'm pretty sure) bug and this is the extent of my appearance on the Internet for the day. This is kind of like a mass e-mail, but more up-to-date. Although if I wanted to be really up to date, I suppose I should have Twittered. Except I don't Twitter. So.

Hmmm. I think that cold medicine is finally taking effect. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

That's wonderful! Mazel Tov on the great news! (Hope you feel better real soon. I'm on the antibiotics myself..)