Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unusual- For me, anyway...

I just finished watching ABC's The Unusuals.

Sorry for the lack of link, but I've actually been going to bed fairly early lately and this uncharacteristic TV watching has sucked all the energy out of me. I haven't watched a show for months, not even my beloved Heroes, but something about the way In Touch or Life & Style worded their blurb about the show made me want to watch it. Plus, I like Amber Tamblyn. Whose name I might have spelled wrong. Anyway, she's in it, plus Harold Perrineau whose cheek bones are quite maddening in their beauty. If you don't know who he is, since I've inconsiderately left off that link too, he played Mercutio in the 1996 version of Romeo & Juliet (where I first began to love him), and I didn't mind watching him in the pilot of Lost, which is the only episode of that show that I have ever seen.

Oh, you're wondering if I have a point? Yes! I liked the show. I don't like it being at 10, but I liked it. I looked at the message boards on the ABC website, and it appears that I am alone in this. I don't know what it says that the girl who doesn't watch TV made a special point of seeing the pilot and is planning on watching it next week, but hopefully that's a compliment to the show. And not indicative of the fact that I have very little in the way of current television experience to compare it to. Except for children's shows which I am way more up on than I would like to be. I can tell you that I liked it better than Handy Manny and My Friends Tigger & Pooh combined.

So, next week! Try to catch it. If you love it, hate it, or are completely apathetic about it, I'd like to know. You have my e-mail address. I'm sort of having flashbacks to elementary school when I'd shout out one of the few shows I knew about during TV freeze tag when some of my choices were received better than others. Am I shouting out "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood (May he rest in peace)!" or "Transformers!"?

Let me know.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I got home a little too late to catch it last night, but wanted to see it. Mostly because of Harold and his cheekbones.. I will definitely try to catch it next week. Also trying to give Castle a chance as well. Seems good so far. I did watch Cupid on Tuesday. Predictable, but cute. Oy, when did I become a tv critic?