Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spin Cycle: Still a Creature of Habit

Hah! A Spin Cycle that allows me to re-hash old material! Easy! Woohoo!

Ahhhhh, traditions, how I love thee. Let me link the posts...

From December 15th, 2008, Creatures of Habit. In which I show photographic evidence of what I do on Saturdays.

From December 23rd, 2008, Apparently my rut has a name and it's "Eeyore". In which I attempt to defend myself from the insults of a women's magazine.

From March 31st, Spin Cycle: Quirks. Quirks are just a different sort of tradition. They're self-created ones, really.

I have more, apparently I also have a tradition of brining up my traditions, but I'm too lazy to dig for the posts that don't clue me in to their contents by the titles.

But yeah, nothing has changed from those posts, I still believe that solid routines mixed with various adventures will help my girls grow up to be self-confident and flexible, and we still do things over and over again that weren't covered by those links. Wednesday is still library night (although we don't always have Taco Bell first any more, trying to get healthy here), Saturday lunch is still usually Subway at BJs (unless we have a play date, but that has its own traditions associated with it), at some point during the weekend we need to eat at a certain local pizza place and follow it up with a trip to Publix during which we must get a cookie and go down the ice cream aisle last. I always put Lilli to bed, David always puts Elizabeth to bed, and each bedtime has a routine.

We're set in our ways, and we like it like that.

I also have a tradition after I write my Spin (always on Thursdays if I can help it) to head on over to Sprite's Keeper and check out the other posts. Why not make it a tradition of your own?

And now, since it's officially October, I have to go and upload pictures from the last month to Facebook. Just like I do the first few days of every month. Muhahahahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I actually remember all those posts! I had to laugh at the quirks one since I still relate to it so well! You're linked!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I went back and read those posts - thanks for the links! Traditions and routines are always important! :)