Tuesday, October 20, 2009

One Day in the Kingdom: The castle and some random scenery...


Did I mention I took Elizabeth to Disney World the weekend before last?


No?

Non-Facebook Friends, you're missing out left and right.
Sometimes I just don't feel like writing a post when a nice pithy status update or photo caption does the trick so nicely.

I get around to everything eventually though.

Thanks to our friends, who were staying in a time share in Orlando and had an extra bedroom (so we could sleep somewhere for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee), Elizabeth and I got to go to the Magic Kingdom for entire glorious day.

Never mind that it was one of the hottest October days in Orlando EVER, it was still beautiful.

But of course if you were able to zoom in real close at the below picture you would get a scary view of just how much I was sweating.

It was shockingly hot, which can, at times, make for some pretty miserable moments, but turns out some nice pictures.

I'm not really into scenery shots as a rule, I'm much more interested in seeing people, or at least people parked in front of something scenic, but I couldn't seem to stop myself.

The castle and the carousel from the top of Dumbo:

The castle while waiting for the Street Party, with a storm rolling in, random tourists, and a lamp post.

Big Thunder Mountain, which Elizabeth is just baaaaarely too short to ride. She was not sad about this. She was sad about finding the same height requirement at Splash Mountain though. She desperately wanted to ride that one.


On Tom Sawyer's Island, one of the only shady spots in the park, a view across the Rivers of America. The Liberty Belle Riverboat was approaching. I tried to convince Elizabeth that we should spend some time sitting on that boat in the shade riding around in circles. She preferred to play in the not-so-shady fort on the island. It was a pretty cool fort, I'll give her that.

Hmmm. I think that must be a view of the more colonial part of Frontierland. More importantly the castle is peeking out over the trees.


And more castle. Seriously. Who doesn't love the castle?

We really love it.
And we love Disney World in general, especially the Magic Kingdom. The way it looks, the way it sounds, even the way it smells on a super hot, super crowded day. The people who work there, the people who go there, all of it.
It may not be THE Happiest Place on Earth, but it's MY Happiest Place.
Now if I can just convince David to feel the same way...

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

If money were no problem, we would do a girl's day at the Kingdom!

Rachel said...

Yes! Stupid money. *sigh*