Friday, August 15, 2008

The bugs! The bugs!

So, I don't like e-mail forwards much. Well, I don't mind reading them, but I rarely if ever forward them. But I got one today that majorly tickled my funny bone. Mostly because it's painfully true.

Florida Blessing

Bless this house Oh Lord we cry
Keep it cool in mid-July
Bless the walls where termites dine
While ants and roaches march in time.
Bless our yard while spiders pass the fire-ant castles in the grass.
Bless the garage, the home to please Carpenter Beetles, ticks and fleas.
Bless the love bugs two by two, the gnats and mosquitos that feed on you.
Millions of creatures that fly or crawl, in Florida, Lord, you've put them all.
But this is home, and here we'll stay, so thank you Lord for insect spray.


Ahhhhh. If only I knew who the credit for that little gem goes to.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That's the cutest poem!