Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Flashbacks and Four Year Olds

Tomorrow my Lilli will be 4.

That just blows my mind.

Partially because I HAVE NO MORE BABIES, I HAVE GIANTS!!! And partially because I have complete muscle memory of her birth and I really shouldn't still be able to feel it after all this time.

I'm not re-posting her birth story or even linking to it, since any time I read it or think about it I get some pretty unpleasant flashbacks. But I will tell you that although she was a surprise baby, and although her birth was PAINFUL, she has a special gift of being really easy to love. And she gives all the love back times a billion. I adore every molecule of her being and there would be a huge hole in my life (although I wouldn't know why it was there) if she'd never been born.

She's chosen "Old McDonald's" for her birthday restaurant and has a laundry list of other activities that she would like to do tomorrow when David and I get home from work.

I'll take pictures.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Lilli is one of the nicest girls I've ever met, so friendly and affectionate, a perfect accomplice to her sister and when our three girls get together, a wonderful friend. You've raised her well. So excited to celebrate with her! Happy birthday, Lilli!