Thursday, June 2, 2011

Spin Cycle: In Waiting

I know they say not to wish your life away, but here are the things I am presently waiting for:

David to finish his WoW raid tonight so we can spend some time together. Of course because of WoW I never spend any time waiting for him to come home from places so it could be a lot worse.

A time when I am not so stressed at work. Sort of futile, but I'm waiting anyway.

My birthday on June 30th. I'll be 32. I am currently deciding between two fairly exciting potential presents. (David likes the assistance picking something, and I have never had the opportunity to be disappointed by a gift).

Lilli's birthday party. Not until July, but can you say PANDA PICNIC?? At least that's the plan right now. It keeps changing. She has also previously requested themes of PT Cruiser (we don't have one, the girls just love them), Rainbow, Milky Way (the candy bar) and Pink. Panda Picnic seems to be sticking for the moment.

Elizabeth's neurology appointment. It's a long story, but due to a fainting episode at school and its associated symptoms, she's getting checked out July 20th. I've had some concerns, so I absolutely cannot wait to air them for Someone Who Knows What They're Talking About.

Vacation at my in-law's! It isn't until the end of July, but I'm looking forward to it. They live in a beautiful home on Hilton Head Island and we love it there.

Elizabeth's first day of Kindergarten and Lilli's first day of Preschool! On the one hand it is utterly devastating that my babies are that old. On the other hand, double the shopping for school supplies as last year. WAHOOOOO!

My 10th wedding anniversary. August 25th. To celebrate a very happy decade together, we have tentative plans to renew our vows, and we're hoping to do that in Las Vegas. If we wanted to do it this week or next week, they'd practically pay us to go out there, but trying to plan it in advance it is not so pocketbook friendly. Las Vegas is apparently a destination only for spontaneous trips. Wish us good luck with that, and a realistic Elvis impersonator for the ceremony!

-------

I could go on, because I have given thought to every major upcoming event or holiday through the end of the year and beyond, but I bet you've been WAITING for me to finish so you can head over to Sprite's Keeper, as this post has been brought to you by the Spin Cycle!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are waiting on quite a bit...Seems like you are always waiting, huh? Enjoyed reading about it though! Stopping over from The Spin Cycle!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Panda parties sound like so much fun!
Oh, change of plans. Sprite and I will be at dance class today after all, so things I want to hear about while we're waiting to change out the girls' shoes:
The two presents, E's neuro consult (why on earth is it over a month out?), Vegas, and Hilton Head. Not in that order, whichever we segue into, like we normally do. :-)
You're linked!

Mrsbear said...

Clicking by from the Spin Cycle, too.

I'll be shopping for 4 times the school supplies next year! I can probably wait for that.

Congrats on the 10 years anniversary. Hoping a sweet Vegas deal comes your way. Elvis included.

Kate said...

Josh played WOW so much, it drove me crazy. He stopped doing the raids because I informed him something that could not be paused did not work our family (which also can't be paused). Your life is so crazy. Goodness!