Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is supposed to be a day to remember fallen soldiers, but we spent it like so many others did- picnicking and shopping. I'm not sure how this day became associated with Barbecue (or picnic breakfasts in my case) and an extra 25% off if you spend $50 at Children's Place, but I guess it is what it is.

Here are the girls participating in the 3 legged race at the picnic we went to.


And here they are lounging in the hammock somebody strung up. This is probably some sort of milestone since I don't think they've every been in a hammock before, so just in case that's true, yay for hammocks!

Because we can't just do one lengthy activity and call it a day we headed on over to the outlet mall so David could watch the girls play and I could shop. We were both very successful with our respective activities. Although a certain someone was not quite as happy with my haul as I was. All I can say is that I can't help it that the children keep growing! And Elizabeth's elementary school next fall is a uniform school, so I'm certainly not going to be sprinting around the first week of August (first day of school is August 8th!) competing with the other moms for uniform bits and pieces. Not when there's an extra 40% off clearance items to be had!

At any rate, the girls got to play for quite a while, and after all the fun they had at the picnic, they were done in.


And very sweaty.

We had a great (although exhausting) day off work though, and we're sad that we have to go back to work tomorrow because we really love hanging out with those little girls of ours. Not too sad though I guess, because our family economy kind of requires two incomes.

Hope you had a great Memorial Day too! And bonus points to you if you found a member of the military to thank for their service!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

John cleaned out the garage to the extent that I can park in there again and I got to play with my mom's sewing machine. Yay for progress!
Glad you all had a great time, missed you this weekend!