Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just because it has been awhile...

Yes, I'm still under the evil influence of the "Villes". I see a New Year's Resolution looming in my future.

But in the meantime:

Elizabeth amuses me these days because she doesn't understand what a joke is yet. Pretend you say to her "Elizabeth, what is a goblin's favorite food?" She will say "What?" You say "I-scream." She will laugh like you've just said the funniest thing ever. Then she will say to you "What is a ghost's favorite food?" You will not really know what to expect, but will be expecting something along the same lines, so you say "What?"

She says "S'mores".

...

huh?
...

Then she follows that up with "Why do Dinosaurs ride horses, and play with dolls and sing songs?" You say "I don't know (I can't imagine!)."

She says "Because they are playing pretend!"

And then she laughs hysterically.

Repeat this a few hundred times. She's got the tone, she's got the delivery, but she's missing the punchlines.

And I don't have the first idea how to explain that to her.

4 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

S'mores?
S'mores?
.............
....um...
Oh, I get it!
Bwahahaha!
:-)

Rachel said...

hee hee hee. I'm glad someone does! I'm really getting good at fake laughter.

VandyJ said...

Just wait, worse that laughing at nonjokes is laughing over and over at the same joke. Fake laughter works just like the real thing to the under three foot tall set.

Stacy Uncorked said...

AHAHAHAHAHA! You're in for a real treat when she gets older - the jokes pretty much stay the same... ;)

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas, Rachel! :)